We can all admit that it feels great to have a clean, fresh, and detailed look on a car. New trends always come and go but fitting your sedan, SUV, truck, or any other type of vehicle with quality custom finished wheels has always been an attraction for many car owners in Los Angels and other areas in California. One of the most popular finishes for wheels is powder coating.
If you’re here to learn about powder coating, how it works, why you should do it, and where you can get the best custom wheel finishing services in Southern California, Wheel Creations PVD is your one-stop-shop for all your chrome wheel finishing and wheel restoration services.
How Does Powder Coating Work?
Powder coated wheels have a high-quality finish that is not only attractive but also durable. Like everything else in car detailing, this process begins with a thorough evaluation of your wheels. Of course, depending on the company you choose to work with, you can either drive in at a service location and leave your car to have your wheels finished or send in your wheels to have them coated and then sent back to you once the process is complete.
At Wheel Creations PVD, you can send us your wheels from any location in Southern California for the best powder coating services.
Here’s how the process works after wheel evaluation:
- Wheels are cleaned and previous paintwork and finish removed
- Wheels are then sandblasted and prepared for the powder coating process
- Wheels are inspected to see if there is any structural damage or cracks
- Minor repairs may be done, including straightening and welding
- The wheel surface is then prepared for powder coating
- A single layer of colored powder is applied on the wheels using an electrostatic gun
- Rims are then cured in an oven to create a sleek and durable finish
Benefits of Powder Coated Wheels
If you’re looking to give your car a fresh look with a wide variety of custom finish color options to choose from, powder coating in Southern California is the way to go. Here are the benefits:
- Greater wheel protection against chips, scratches, fading, and regular wear and tear
- Maximum durability for years to come with better damage resistance
- Costs generally the same as rim painting but offers a better shine
- Environmentally-friendly rim coating process
Partner With Wheel Creations PVD
At Wheel Creations PVD, we strive to provide our valued customers with the best wheel customization services. Whether you want to change the color of your rims or want to customize the look of your car with a new set of powder coated or PVD chrome finished wheels, we can help you achieve the look you want. We also offer wheel refinishing and restoration services.
If you’re looking for a Southern California company that offers quality powder coating services for rims, call us at (562) 381-2670 or send us an email at email@example.com.